Possible Toxins – Mushrooms, compost, cannabis, lilies (cats), ethylene glycol (antifreeze), xylitol, chocolate, grapes, rat bait. (bring a photo of the packaging if possible)
Possible signs of toxic ingestion – Vomiting, tremors, twitching, seizures, bloody diarrhea, drooling. With some toxins, symptoms can be delayed.
Possible Foreign Bodies – socks, toys (animal and baby), sticks, string, tinsel, rocks
Possible signs of foreign body ingestion – Vomiting (can’t hold down food or water), pray position (painful abdomen), anorexic, hiding (cats), lethargic
If you notice any foreign material hanging in your animal’s mouth, or coming out of the rectum – DO NOT PULL, it may be attached to something more.
If you notice any of the above signs, see your family veterinarian or contact us.
DO NOT try to make your pet vomit until you have spoken to a veterinarian. Not all things should come back up.