Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley is looking for F/T and P/T veterinary receptionists to join our client care team.
Our receptionists work a variety of 8 hour shifts that may include days, evenings and weekends, including statutory holidays. In addition to flexible schedules, we offer competitive wages based on experience (minimum starting at $17.00 per hour), extended health and dental plans including an Employee Assistance Plan (professional counseling); Health & Wellness Benefit (annual allowance), plus great employee discount structures. We strive to create a fun, team atmosphere and also offer many extras such as a stocked lunch room, random giveaways like event tickets and gift cards, and staff meals and parties. We strongly believe in offering more than just a wage!
We are an AAHA Accredited, VECCS Level II Certified 24-hour emergency and critical care hospital that has been providing medical care for all family pets for almost 25 years. Our new hospital is very well equipped with many state of the art tools, including CT. We are fully- staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We are looking for mature, outgoing, confident individuals who understand the importance of client care in a successful business. Our receptionists help maintain our professional image with compassion and confidence during highly stressful and emotional medical emergencies. This is a rewarding, fulfilling job as our receptionists are the first face to offer help and hope to clients when they enter our doors. We see heartbreak and healing in emergency medicine and our receptionists need to be poised and resilient through it all.
This position is exceptionally suitable for a dependable, dedicated person who will enjoy the unpredictable variety of emergency and critical care cases, who desires job stability, and who values a healthy work-life balance. Veterinary experience or familiarity with medical terminology is an asset, but it is not required. Candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends.
To be successful in their duties, veterinary receptionists should have strong communication skills and attention to detail. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• utilizing Microsoft Office programs, internet, email, fax, and multi-line phone systems
• managing paper and electronic file systems
• greeting, admitting, and discharging clients/patients (e.g. invoicing, euthanasia documents, follow-up/home care instructions)
• communicating clearly with veterinarians, support staff, and referring hospitals
• maintaining cleanliness of the reception and client waiting areas
Our ideal candidate will:
• have confident and judicious etiquette to pre-triage and advise clients on the phone
• be competent multi-tasking with accuracy and thoroughness in a fast-paced environment
• be comfortable having difficult conversations with clients (e.g. euthanasia, finances)
• be self-motivated, resourceful, and a respectful, collaborative team-player
• have experience in reception, office admin, and/or customer service
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to the attention of Tara MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest, we regret that only select applicants will be contacted.