Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley is looking for additional full-time and part-time VETERINARY ASSISTANTS to join our growing team.
Our Veterinary Assistants work a variety of 8 hour shifts that may include days, evenings, overnights and weekends, including statutory holidays. In addition to flexible schedules, we offer competitive wages based on experience (minimum starting at $16.00 per hour plus additional hourly premiums for overnight shifts), extended health and dental plans including an Employee Assistance Plan (professional counseling); Health & Wellness Benefit (annual allowance), annual uniform allowance, and generous staff discounts on products and services. We strive to create a fun, team atmosphere and also offer many extras such as a stocked lunch room, random giveaways like event tickets and gift cards, and staff meals and parties. We strongly believe in offering more than just a wage!
We are an AAHA accredited 24-hour emergency and critical care hospital that has been providing medical care for family pets for over 20 years. Our new, 8,000 sqft hospital is very well equipped with many state of the art tools, including a 16-slice CT scanner. We are fully- staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and are the largest and busiest independent and privately owned emergency veterinary hospital in BC.
In this rewarding role you will see dramatic improvement in patient health after intensive nursing that utilizes the full range of your knowledge and skills every day in a variety of emergency and critical care cases. If you enjoy the unpredictable nature of emergency veterinary medicine, desire job stability, and value a healthy work-life balance, this is your chance to join our thriving team. We are looking for dependable, outgoing people who are dedicated to providing excellent patient care and contributing to a positive work culture.
THE JOB ENTAILS (but not limited to):
* Triage of incoming patients
* TPR of incoming and hospitalized patients
* Caring for in hospital patients
* Communicating clearly with clients, veterinarians, other support staff, and referring hospitals
* Maintaining cleanliness of the clinic
* Some reception coverage that includes, answering phones, admitting and discharging patients, and filing records
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
* Have a VOA / VA certificate from an accredited college
* Have previous experience working as a Veterinary Assistant
* Be able to work independently and as a collaborative team-player
* Be confident, compassionate, well-spoken, personable, and mature
* Be able to prioritize tasks and multi-task to maximize client satisfaction and patient care
* Can take initiative and maintain attention to detail in a busy clinic setting
* Be available for a wide variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights, weekends & holidays
* Understand the importance of the Veterinary Assistant’s role in a successful clinic
Two or more years experience is an asset. Applicants that do not have a VOA / VA certificate and past experience as a VA will not be considered. Full-time Veterinary Assistants will be offered a signing bonus of up to $1000 based on experience.
HOURS OF POSITION:
We are currently hiring for full-time (32+ hours) and part-time positions on day, evening, and overnight shifts. Our ideal candidates will have open availability.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter by email to the attention of Tara MacDonald at email@example.com
Please note that, depending on response to this ad, not all enquiries will receive a reply.