Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley is looking for additional full-time and part-time REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNOLOGISTS (RVT) to join our growing team in both our ER and Blood Services Department. AECFV is also expanding our specialty services. We are seeking seasoned Veterinary Technician with experience in the specialty fields of Surgery, Internal Medicine or Critical Care. Join us and help us create amazing teams within these specialties!
Our Technologists work a variety of 8 hour shifts that may include days, evenings, overnights, and weekends, including statutory holidays. In addition to flexible schedules, we offer some of the highest career level wages, fully paid CE, paid association dues, extended health and dental plans including an Employee Assistance Plan (professional counseling), Health & Wellness Benefit (annual allowance), annual uniform allowance, and generous staff discounts on products and services. We strive to create a fun, team atmosphere and also offer many extras such as a stocked lunch room, random giveaways like event tickets and gift cards, and staff meals and parties. We strongly believe in offering more than just a wage!
We are an AAHA Accredited, VECCS Level II Certified 24-hour emergency and critical care hospital that has been providing medical care for family pets for almost 25 years. Our new, 8,000 sqft hospital is very well equipped with many state of the art tools, including a 16-slice CT scanner. We are fully- staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
This position offers an incredible career opportunity for RVT’s to rise to a new challenge. In this rewarding role you will see dramatic improvement in patient health after intensive nursing that utilizes the full range of your knowledge and skills every day in an unpredictable variety of emergency and critical care cases.
THE JOB ENTAILS (but is not limited to):
* Triage of incoming patients
* Competently managing a potentially large workload
* Prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to maximize client satisfaction and patient care
* Ensuring all medical records are accurate and billing is correct
* Communicating clearly with clients, veterinarians, other support staff, and referring hospitals
If you enjoy the unpredictable nature of emergency veterinary medicine, desire job stability, and value a healthy work-life balance, this is your chance to join our thriving team. We are looking for dependable, outgoing people who are dedicated to providing excellent patient care and contributing to a positive work culture.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES MUST:
* Have graduated from a recognized RVT teaching institution
* Have Veterinary Technician Certification (VTNE)
* Be confident, compassionate, well-spoken, personable, and mature
* Have typing skills and be able to utilize Microsoft Office programs, internet, email, fax, and multi-line phone systems
* Have excellent math skills and attention to detail
* Be able to work independently and as a collaborative team-player
* Be available for a wide variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights, weekends & holidays
* Understand the importance of the Technologist’s role in a successful clinic
Two or more years experience is an asset, however, no minimum experience is required. A signing bonus of up to $5000 will be offered based on experience and regularly scheduled hours.
HOURS OF POSITION:
We are currently hiring for full-time (32+ hours) and part-time positions on day, evening, and overnight shifts. Our ideal candidates will have open availability.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter by email to the attention of Tara MacDonald at email@example.com
Please note that, depending on response to this ad, not all inquiries will receive a reply.